Today I had my second formative feedback session with Richard in which we reviewed my current progression with the dissertation.
During the tutorial we reviewed my progress with chapter one of the dissertation of which I had written around two thousand words. In the session we reviewed the dissertations current structure, information discussed and the relevance material used to support my points.
During the session important points that were discussed were noted on the feedback sheet that displayed below;
INTRODUCTION & CONCLUSION -
- Each chapter needs and introduction which should discuss the focus and points featured within the specified chapter and the academic material that has been used to support it.
- Additionally, a conclusion also needs to be created for each chapter which should summarise the points discussed, their relevance and lead into the next chapter of the dissertation.
- Focus on the 3 or 4 main issues responsible for the environmental problems relevant to the dissertation and highlight these in the chapter, introduction and conclusion.
- Find statistics to back up points made about the environmental situation.
- Don't over do it with statistics, find relevant ones that support the points made within the dissertation.
- Expand sources used to support argument, the more sources used will help to make the dissertation more rounded and valid.
- Quotes need to be indented.
- Only second name, date and page number needed for in chapter referencing.
The session was really useful as it highlighted the areas that need to be addressed to help make my dissertation more rounded. Tasks that will be completed to help me progress for the session are listed below;
- Write introduction and conclusion for each chapter.
- Find statistics to support my argument.
- Expand sources used to support argument.