Tuesday 11 February 2014

DESIGN PROCESS - RESPONSIVE - BRIEF FOUR RESEARCH

Once I had created a concept, re-written the brief and chosen a point of focus I started collecting research to help inform my outcome.


'POPSICLE' SHAPED SKATEBOARD 

Although I have been skateboarding for many years I wanted to double check the shape 







ALICE IN WONDERLAND 

As I am focusing on the classic children's story 'Alice In Wonder Land' I started my research by watching the film and outlining specific points of interest that could be represented on the skateboard. When choosing these points of interest I looked for defining moments in the film as well as points that I found inspiring as a designer.



ALICE IN WONDERLAND FILM - SECONDARY RESEARCH 

As a child I regularly watched Disney's animated rendition of the classic tale released in 1951. Therefore, as I am basing my concept around what inspired me as a child I will watch this version to ensure that my project stays relevant. 




DEFINITIVE MOMENTS;

Below are the definitive moments that I found inspirational and/or interesting while watching the film. As the program progressed certain memories from when I was young were triggered enabling me to remember watching specific parts as a child. With regards to the outlined concept, the parts of the film that I could specifically remember watching as a child hold the most relevance as they were responsible for a lot of childhood inspiration.


FALLING DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE 


  • The definitive scene where Alice falls down the rabbit hole is at the very start of the film and gives her access to the magical world she enters.



DRINKING POTION 




  •  


SMOKING CATERPILLAR 




THE CHESHIRE CAT 




THE MAD HATTERS TEA PARTY 





CHOSEN SCENE/CHARACTER 



AESTHETIC RESEARCH

After selecting a character I collected some quick aesthetic research, as outlined in the time management section of the project I am looking to quickly complete the brief



SKATEBOARD - SECONDARY 


Alice in Wonderland themed skateboard design by Santa Cruise.


Vector illustration by Rory Martin


Pipe Dreams by Phillip Morgan.




Rat's by Kris Fry.




Sushi skateboards by Fakirdesign




Heavy metal inspired illustrations by Richard 'French Sayer'.




Roger skateboards illustrations by Michael Sieben.




Cartoon inspired skateboard designs by Mike O'Shea.





Smorgas-Beard by Ramsey Sibaja.





CATERPILLAR - SECONDARY

Alice in Wonderland - Caterpillar





Painting by Julia Sarda 


Original Alice in Wonderland illustration by Arthur Rackham 




No comments:

Post a Comment